Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Little Big Day

After 23 days in Europe (with a tour group, then staying in hostels and homes) we promised ourselves to have a San Diego 'date day' to celebrate the trip, being back home in the USofA and to celebrate 5-12, a day that's long had more significance to me than my birthday. For those that don't know, 512 is my...uhm, "lucky" number as it shows up very frequently in my life as well as for many who know me. On this particular day, we were also celebrating the official (legal) kick-off of my new business, "Studio 512".


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The unsuspecting Kellye Dana Wilborn. Aka: "Tiny".

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It was a very normal, low-key Kellye/Eddie day. We checked out some art on Coronado, grabbed some KFC and headed to the park for a bite. What's a day together without me taking a million photos?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We saw several weddings taking place. Kinda funny that way.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The ever-important foot pictures.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Shootin' her own video. I'm (sort of) into that.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The beautiful Hotel Del.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
You can sort of see a plaque by my ugly feet. Detail shot to come...


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Making our way back to the car.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
With Kellye next to me and the city behind us, even I can look presentable. Notice the 'superman blanket' keeping us warm between shots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
What's this? Yet another wedding?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
As amazing as Europe was, it's good to be home....safe - thanks to God.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Running around taking several photos to make sure I make good use of this lighting...and this moment. "Poor Honey. Your hearts really going." I didn't feel nervous, truthfully, but I guess Kell and my heart knew better.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
With a simple question, she fell to her knees in disbelief and this was the resulting photo. I laughed - she cried - we hugged and gave it two very big thumbs up.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Taking the ferry over to Seaport village. Very much in a daze.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Gettin' the lens up in our grill. (It was self-taken)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The first person we told, Angie, excitedly took this photo of us in the hammock store.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
After taking a picture of/for another couple, they took this one.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The hand-rail on the bridge took this one for us.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"He's her lobster." This one's for you Rachael P!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Contrary to popular belief, I did not design the ring. I 'designed' one similar and my guy, Aldo, found this one for me. Turns out, Kellye didn't hate it. And she really enjoyed the diamond. It belonged to her grandmother, whom we recently lost.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Returning on the ferry. Still hadn't eaten. Yep...still in a daze.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The evening wasn't complete w/o the fireworks. (Don't tell Kellye that I didn't plan those just for us.)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"Oh no. I didn't even get to fix my hair."


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Our first "Date" was in a Denny's. Totally unplanned, but we found ourselves there this evening. We were stoked about it too!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!!! Congrats you two! I was wondering when the time would come. I am so excited for you both. Thanks for sharing, and I just love the pictures. I hope to see you both soon.

Love,
Liz (Tsu)

Unknown said...

Oh by the way, I forgot to say...the ring is gorgeous, I love it!

Eddie & Kellye said...

Yay - Thanks, Liz!

Unknown said...

Yes, Congratulations!!!!!
God will bless the both of you as you go on this journey together.
Great pictures- they tell the story beautifully. Now the planning starts, and it will all be worth it!
Welcome Miss Kellye.
From John & Josie.

MONTANA said...

AUNT CHRISSY EMAILED US THE NEWS. WE ARE VERY HAPPY FOR YOU. YOU ARE A GREAT LOOKING COUPLE, BUT MORE THAN THAT, YOU SEEM VERY WELL MATCHED. OUR BEST WISHES FOR MUCH HAPPINESS AND A LIFETIME OF LOVE.
LOVE GRANDPA CLANCY AND NANCI

Eddie Bojorquez (Studio 512) said...

Thanks, you guys! It's great to be able to include friends and family - even in this small way.

Kellye W said...

Thanks you guys! Eddie and I are so blessed to be able to share this season with all of you! Love and hugs!