Sunday, May 27, 2007

Getting Started

It took mere hours of telling folks about our engagement that we started getting advice, info, questions, and a stack of bridal magazines rivaling that of the city library. I guess you can't get started too soon, huh? Well, making an actual, physical purchase is a big step - especially when you're not exactly sure on the date, the number of guests you can have, or the venue. So....I brought a video camera along.

We went to B&B Laces in El Cajon, which is closing down their doors to make way for the new police station (where Sharon is going to work). The material is selling like hotcakes so we went in, made our very best educated guess, and bought about 90 yards (yes, that's just the length) of some sort of material with a name that escapes me. ( I shoot weddings so I sometimes know things dudes shouldn't know about. This, though, I cannot remember. I think it's called muslin.)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
All of the images on this post are taken off of the video (hence the quality).


Anywho, the Lord totally hooked up our first deal because the exact color we were hoping for was there and one of them has just enough for what we needed. Plus the fact that we save about $200 bones made it all a sweet deal. So I guess you could say we're committed to the colors somewhat, but there's plenty more to nail down.

What's great is that on the way to B&B, we saw 2 (3 - sort of) motorcyclists on the freeway who were being...dangerous, might be the word. Actually, I was mesmerized and ecstatic that I had my video camera, which is pretty rare these day. Kellye was driving - again, perfect situation so I could tape - and caught up with them. These guys were literally going like 75 mph and their precision and confidence was amazing. They were obviously professionals. Check out these images!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: